Youth Grass League
Grass volleyball is one of the absolute best ways to improve your game, compete hard and socialize with teammates and friends. Grass volleyball is growing each and every year, primarily, because it is a lot of fun, and provides opportunities for athletes to play of organized competitive games and get thousands of meaningful reps. If you love volleyball, love to play, and love to compete, grass volleyball is the perfect fit for you.
Why Play Grass?
– Lots of gameplay and meaningful contacts
– Lots of courts and outdoor space to play
– Lots of awesome people
– Age Groups – Based on indoor club 2023 age categories.
– Sign Up – Use your year of birth – Registration button is below.
– Waitlist – It is imperative that you register on a waitlist if the program is at capacity. This will allow us to offer additional programming where needed based on demand.
– Club Release Forms – You do not need a club release to participate in Ducks Grass. All clubs are welcome.
Ducks Summer Youth Grass League
Ducks 2 vs 2 Summer Grass League is an awesome way for athletes to play hard, socialize and compete throughout the summer. The 2 vs 2 league is open for athletes 14U-18U, male and female. The format is structured for lots of organized league gameplay, with a weekly ladder pool play structure, teams will be given opportunities to compete against teams of their own level, as well as challenge themselves every week. The league will provide an introduction to grass volleyball, and well as sweet prizes for league champions. This is a fun and competitive format, don’t miss out on this fun volleyball community.
REGISTRATION COST INCLUDES
10 sessions x 2.5 hr = 20 hours of gameplay
Competitive & Fun Training Environment
Location: Eagle Ridge South Grass Field
Equipment Use & Instruction
IMPORTANT: Athletes who are not current VBC members will be required to purchase a recreational membership through VBC in order to participate. Cost is approx $12 and link will be provided to you by the Ducks after your grass registration is confirmed
Full 2-3 member team registrations are only accepted at this point. If you do not have a team, please fill out the form below and we will do our best to place you
The structure of the league may be adapted based on the number of registered teams
PROGRAM NOTES & EXTRA INFO
Format Session 1 - Seeding Day Sessions 2-7 - League Play Session 8 - Playoffs
Registration is done as a team, with a minimum of 2 athletes per team, to a maximum of 3 athletes per team. Teams should consider 3 athletes per team for injury, absence and substitution purposes.
A team captain must complete the registration form for the entire team. Information they require is: team members first and last names, team members email addresses and phone numbers. Captain will be required to collect and submit waiver forms for each member of their team after registration is complete.
Ideally, teams will be formed with both male and female athletes. However, we understand that this is not always possible. Same gender teams are allowed. Reverse 2's and 4's grass rules will be used.
*Full 2-3 member team registrations are only accepted at this point. If you do not have a team, please fill out the following FORM and we will do our best to place you.
*The 2 vs 2 league league may be adapted based on number of registered teams.
14U & 15U Male & Female (Intermediate - Advanced)
16U - 18U Male & Female | (Intermediate - Advanced)
Steps to complete prior to registration:
- Athletes and families are required to fully read and understand our RETURN TO PLAY AND SAFETY PLAN prior to registering in our programs.
- Fill out and save INDEMNITY AGREEMENT for each team member
- Fill out and save HEALTH DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE for each team member
- You must have up to 6 team members’ contact info available for registration. Only teams will be registered at this time.
Please fill out above forms prior to registering and save to the device you will be registering from to save time. These above forms will be collected for each team member after registration is confirmed and will not be required during the registration process.
In addition to our return to play, we will be requiring athletes to self-screen before participating in any league play.
Our covid-19 protocols include the following:
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment
- All PHO will be strictly adhered to
- No spectators at this time, only participants are allowed on the field of play and must maintain social distancing off the court.
We will adjust all programming and league play as required should the Provincial regulations and our provincial sporting organization require any modifications
Participants must stay home if:
- They don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Someone in their household has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- They have traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- Someone in their household has traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- They have been in contact with a known/presumptive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
REGULAR REFUND POLICY
The Ducks’ policy is that no refunds will be given once programs have commenced. It is club policy that refunds will ONLY be given under specific extenuating circumstances. Return of the registration fee must be approved by the registrar and will be prorated if the sessions have already begun. Refunds are subject to:
- a $40 cancellation fee
- prorated amount, based on the amount of sessions elapsed
- deduction of unrecoverable costs (ie. facility fees, affiliation fees, equipment, etc.)
- refunds will not be given for sessions cancelled due to inclement weather or athlete missed sessions
COVID-19 REFUND POLICY
In the event that a program must be shut down due to a confirmed case of Covid-19, participants will receive a pro-rated discount for the remainder of the sessions less unrecoverable costs.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org