Ducks Beach is excited to be be offering several events this summer, where you get to play COMPETITIVE and FUN volleyball, while RAISING MONEY and BRINGING AWARENESS to CHILDHOOD CANCER #DUCKSGIVEBACK. What an amazing opportunity! All proceeds of the Summer Series go directly to SUPPORTING CHILDREN and HELPING FAMILIES impacted by childhood cancer. Thank you for considering playing in the Play for the Cure Summer Series, it is a great way to compete and support an amazing cause.
* Athletes must be registered members of Volleyball BC to participate (If you played indoor club volleyball in 2020, then you are still a member until the end of summer* Athletes from other clubs are welcome to join
TO REGISTER YOU WILL NEED:
* Partner 1 & 2:
- Athlete Contact Information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Parent email address
- Previous Indoor club and Beach experience (Club name and year required)
* Visa or Master Card for payment. Fees are charged per team per registration form per tournament
* One registration form per team per tournament
* Please do not register until you have a partner established
* Refunds will not be given with 7 days of start date if a replacement cannot be found
* REGISTRATION for all tournaments will CLOSE 7 days prior to date of the tournament at 8 am
Ducks Beach Play for the Cure Past Donations
2019: BC Children's Hospital - $2500
2018: BC Children's Hospital - $2100
2017: BC Children's Hospital - $800
2016: Childhood Cancer Research - Danielle Hoult - $850
2015: Canadian Breast Cancer Research - $800
REGISTRATION COST INCLUDES
3 - 4 matches
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Town Centre Beach Courts
Matches: 3-4 matches
IMPORTANT: Athletes who are not current VBC members will be required to purchase a recreational membership through VBC in order to participate. Cost is approx $12 and link will be provided to you by the Ducks after your grass registration is confirmed
TOURNAMENT NOTES & EXTRA INFO
Parking: Limited parking is available, athletes and are encouraged to carpool and/or park in additional parking available around Town Centre
*Mandatory check in for all teams
Format: Please read the schedule carefully for start times - Matches will move ahead of schedule if games end early, be ready to play - All pool play, consolation, and championship matches are one set to 25 points (switch every 10 points), no cap, win by 2 - Winning teams must record scores - All playoff games are single elimination - The 5th place teams in pools of 5 will not advance to the playoffs - Teams must score keep and referee during designated pool play times. Teams must find volunteers to referee and score keep during playoff matches - Teams are allowed 1 timeout each set, for 60 seconds
Warm Up: 5 minute shared warm-up, if the tournament is falling behind athletes will be expected to warm up prior to start times, and warm up will not take place on the sand. Balls will be provided.
What to Bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, socks for the hot sand, water (if you have a cooler, bring lots of water and fluids), food/snacks (there will be a halfway snack break), appropriate clothing for the weather (long sleeve shirts and long pants if it gets cold). Tents are also strongly recommended for shade.
Steps to complete prior to registration:
- Athletes and families are required to fully read and understand our RETURN TO PLAY AND SAFETY PLAN prior to registering in our programs.
- Fill out and save INDEMNITY AGREEMENT for each team member
- Fill out and save HEALTH DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE for each team member
- You must have up to 2 team members’ contact info available for registration. Only teams will be registered at this time.
Please fill out above forms prior to registering and save to the device you will be registering from to save time. These above forms will be collected for each team member after registration is confirmed and will not be required during the registration process.
In addition to our return to play, we will be requiring athletes to self-screen before participating in any league play.
Our covid-19 protocols include the following:
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment
- All PHO will be strictly adhered to
- No spectators at this time, only participants are allowed on the field of play and must maintain social distancing off the court.
We will adjust all programming and league play as required should the Provincial regulations and our provincial sporting organization require any modifications
Participants must stay home if:
- They don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Someone in their household has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19
- They have traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- Someone in their household has traveled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days
- They have been in contact with a known/presumptive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
Tournament schedule and results will be posted online and a link will be posted here once available.